Thursday, April 11, 2002

I have decided to develop “Talk Less” into something more. Sus & I both felt that at the time of performance we wished we had just a few more months to work....if I can track down some funding I will pull myself out, bring in another dancer and work to really integrate the sound, movement and live speech. There is also a hidden gem to be discovered when it comes to working with the gaze of the dancers’. As a child my father used to quote someone saying the “eyes are the window to the soul”. Perhaps there is something in this to be explored when it comes down to how the dancers look at each other and at their audience....

Spending about once a week now just looking at the video tape of the performance, finding the places that work and those that don’t....ode to having one’s own studio to work everyday at one’s leisure....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home